22 Nov JOB POST: Warehouse and Yard Maintenance Worker (Woodland)
Job Title: Warehouse and Yard Maintenance Worker
Reports To: Dispatcher
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Maintains inventory in warehouse dry fertilizer storage and liquid fertilizer storage, loads and unloads vehicles for company, customers and vendors and maintains the yard by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.*
- Stocks merchandise in warehouse including utilizing equipment to lift and carry merchandise to place on shelves.*
- Inspects merchandise for deficiencies or breakage prior to shipment or warehouse storage.*
- Records all merchandise discrepancies on appropriate paperwork.*
- Completes inventory preparation for warehouse stock.*
- Organizes merchandise to prepare for shipment as needed.*
- Fills customer order in accordance with invoice, completes appropriate paperwork and places a copy with the merchandise for shipment.*
- Maintains a neat and orderly workplace at all times to include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris.*
- Follows safety procedures in accordance with approved training and reports any dangerous conditions to management immediately.*
- Monitors buildings and grounds to ensure a neat and clean presentation and environment.*
- Maintains bulk fertilizer blender though cleaning and greasing.*
- Wears appropriate clothing and safety equipment in accordance with approved procedures.*
- Communicates equipment problems to management immediately.*
- Ensures all equipment is secured while on premises.*
- Adheres to time clock procedures, safety rules and regulations, equipment operation, equipment maintenance and proper landscape procedures in accordance with company training procedures.*
- Attends and participates in scheduled training sessions as required.*
- Operates landscaping equipment to include mowers, blowers and various hand tools in accordance with approved operating requirements and safety procedures.*
- Removes weeds, leaves, tree suckers and trash throughout the day to ensure a clean account.*
- Arrives to work 10 minutes early to open warehouse and checks with Dispatcher before starting and leaving work.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of TeleNav time clock system.
One to two years related experience and/or training.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid California Class A driver’s license/ability to obtain one during introduction period
- Clean driving record
- Pallet jack
- Skip loader
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Ability to work evenings or weekends during peak seasons or during a declared emergency situation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently push/pull/lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.