12 May JOB POST: Plant Operations
Job Title: Plant Operations
Division: Inland Terminal
Reports To: Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Manufactures dry and liquid fertilizer and operates equipment in order to fulfill these necessary processes by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates standard warehouse equipment such as forklifts and front end loaders.*
- Manages all aspects of shipping and receiving by logging in products/materials received as well as preparing outgoing shipments.*
- Examines incoming shipments according to receiving documents for discrepancies and damaged goods.*
- Prepares customer shipments accurately according to blend tickets, by lifting, packaging, weighing and recording pertinent shipping information on delivery tickets for internal use.*
- Maintains warehouse shelves and areas in a clean, organized manner.*
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area in accordance with training procedures.*
- Stocks merchandise in warehouse to include utilizing equipment and lifting and carrying merchandise to put in the appropriate place.*
- Fills customer order in accordance with invoices and blend tickets, completes appropriate paperwork, and places a copy with the merchandise for shipment.*
- Maintains a neat and orderly workplace at all times to include moving pallets, sweeping, and removing/disposing of debris.*
- Adheres to and follows all safety procedures in accordance with approved training, and reports any dangerous conditions to management immediately.*
- Performs maintenance on all shop equipment such as oiling and lubricating, troubleshooting malfunctions, and completing minor/major repairs.*
- Maintains an updated and accurate maintenance/repair log on all machines for reference purposes.*
- Maintains files in an organized and accessible manner to include updating information.*
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of TeleNav.
- Fork lift
- Front end loader
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Time Management